Jesus said, “Permit the children to come to Me; and do not hinder them; for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.”
Discovery Kids Ministry strives to obey this command from the Lord in our attitudes and actions in our classrooms and nursery.
Our Goal then is to:
1. Plant the seeds of God’s Word in our little children so that they may one day come to know Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.
2. Provide a loving, safe, and consistent environment where our children can learn about Jesus and His love.
3. Show parents and the church body that our children’s salvation is no less important than our own!
4. Make (what may be for some children) a first time separation from their parents a good experience that will have a positive effect on them and their parents.
Our goal at Taylor Creek Church is to provide a safe, secure, loving environment for children to participate in and where parents feel comfortable leaving their child. Therefore, we have a policy that reflects our desire to prevent child abuse and to stop child abuse when become aware of it.
All people who work with children at TCC, regardless of their area of ministry, are expected to adhere to the following practices. Failure to do so may result in dismissal from their ministry position.
Ministry team approval and identification:
a. All team members must have a completed and approved application on file in the church office.
b. All team members must wear a name tag when serving.
At least two team members should be present in the classroom whenever possible. No team member should be alone with a child for any length of time.
a. Diapers will be changed only in the designated area, in the presence of others.
b. When children are using the restrooms in the preschool wing, bathroom entry doors should be open. Team members should wait for the child in the entry way,
avoiding being in the bathroom alone with a child if possible.
c. Call parents of 2/3’s if more assistance is needed in the bathroom.
Ministry Team Expectations:
As we take our ministry privilege and responsibilities seriously we have identified some expectations for each ministry team member.
Each member should demonstrate:
1. A professed commitment to Jesus Christ that is demonstrated through Christian growth and is a model of spiritual leadership and life style.
2. A commitment to the Discovery Kids’ Ministry supporting the ministry through consistent attendance at the weekend services.
3. A teachable spirit exemplified by a growing relationship with Jesus Christ and faithful attendance at the scheduled Discovery Kids’ meetings.
4. A desire to be a contributing member of our ministry team, praying regularly for one another, praying for the children in your class.